Rocky Mountaineer is the world’s largest privately owned luxury passenger rail service. We are committed to living our values: Create Meaningful Moments, Be One Team, Achieve Extraordinary Outcomes.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, System Operations, the Guest Operations Specialist is an integral team member of Rocky Mountaineer Operations team. The GOS is the key communication link between numerous departments and is vital to making tactical decisions that involve guest movement.
As a Rocky Mountaineer team member, you will be working alongside a diverse group of people who are committed to working together, supporting our values and ensuring we are always on brand as a world class luxury rail tour company.
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive but does not require pre-employment medical testing.
This position may require you to periodically access an active railway area where impaired performance could result in a significant incident affecting the health and safety of team members, guests, the public, property, or the environment.
What we offer:
Key Areas of Accountability
• Communicate operating conditions with Train Manager, GSM & Destinations Manager
• Update continual train performance and real time operational updates to various depts.
• Produce guest related reports regularly
• Update/finalize motor coach lineup for various locations
• Arrange for booking/cancelling additional hotels, flights, transportation for guest and other arrangements for crew requirements
• Ensure that day of bookings/cancellations of guest’s hotels and various modes of transportation are arranged and coordinated to tight timelines
• Anticipate, identify, and resolve service and operational problems, with a results-oriented approach to Safety, Security and Performance
• Manage the execution plans for unexcepted delay or missing luggage scenarios
• Ensure that motor coach and driver availability to ensure interprovincial requirements are met
• Handle the Operations Emergency Line as required, input incident reporting/recording and willingness to participate in personal development company initiatives
• Comply with all Canadian Railway Operating Rules (CROR), and General Operating Instructions (GOI) and all other safety policies, procedures & rules
• Identify, protect & report safety hazards to management & OH&S Committee
• Meet or exceed safety and security requirements
• Support the successful execution of the Operating Plan
• Support safe movement of rail equipment
• Support operational and equipment availability requirements
• Support Operations and Mechanical requirements in the Operations Centre
• Support EOC requirements
Education, Certification, Licenses
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Tourism or equivalent
• Experience in Railway industry and tourism an asset
• Progressive experience in guest operations and customer focus in tourism
• Supervisory experience, an asset
• High attention to detail, time management and manage competing priorities
• Advanced decision-making, problem solving, critical thinking skills in high pressure situations
• Strong coordination and organizational skills
• High attention to detail with a desire to maintain brand standards
• Able to take personal accountability, be adaptable, and be a problem solver
• Familiarity with computer applications, particularly MS Office Suite
• Good communication and leadership skills
• Able to work cross-functionally
• May require occasional travel
• Primarily sitting/standing throughout the day in an office setting
• Rail industrial site that may require walking and sitting throughout the day
• 24/7 operation that may require varied work schedules