We are searching for a dependable Skilled Laborer - Carpentry to join our excellent construction crew. The Skilled Laborer's responsibilities include ensuring worksites are clean and safe, a demo of windows, and torched on roofing, spreading gravel, using drills, saws, and other power tools, and providing assistance with heavy machinery. You should also be able to take instruction from superiors and complete on-the-job training. To be successful as a Skilled Laborer, you will have completed apprenticeships and acquired suitable skills. An outstanding Skilled Laborer should be hungry to expand their skill set and increase their level of expertise. You should also be willing to learn from other crew members and receive off-site training wherever possible.
• Moving materials to the worksite and ensuring all tools, machinery, and other equipment are safely set up.
• Operating equipment like drills, saw, shovels, and other heavy machinery.
• Assisting with various window removal and roofing demo procedures.
• Obeying health and safety codes, as well as the company's principles.
• Removing hazardous materials from sites.
• Performing site and equipment inspections.
• Attending meetings and workshops.
• Completing on-the-job training.
• Ensuring tasks are completed to deadlines.
• High school diploma or similar.
• Completed apprenticeships recommended.
• driver's license recommended.
• Sound knowledge of construction and practical experience with tools.
• Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills.
• A good understanding of safety procedures.
• Great hand, eye, and foot coordination.
• Willingness to learn and be flexible.
• Positive attitude and great interpersonal skills
New City Contracting strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, New City Contracting will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout employment.