|Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.|
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Electrical or Automation Co-op Student (Winter 2021)
Type of position:Student
Job Description :
Your role as an Electrical / Automation Co-op student will be to take part in engineering projects. You will also be responsible for ensuring the quality of professional services provided and maintaining good working relationships.
The incumbent will carry out some of the following activities:
• Participate in small to major design projects for utility (substation and generation) and heavy industry clients (e.g., mining, industrial, renewable energy).
• Participate in short-circuit, load flow, grounding and arc-flash studies.
• Perform calculations, both manually and with specialized software.
• Apply calculation results and design methods.
• Prepare sketches and drawings.
• Apply settings to protection relays, meters and other electrical devices.
• Prepare reports, specifications and tenders.
• Perform troubleshooting, testing, assessment, adjustment, site supervision and commissioning at client sites.
• Check work for accuracy and conformity.
• Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
Work Schedule :
• Proactive, takes initiative and possesses creative and innovative problem-solving skills
• Adaptable to various environments and situations
• Comfortable working independently and within a team
• High capacity to learn on projects
• Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
• Enrolled in an Electrical or Automation Engineering program
• Good academic grades
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Asset: Ability to communicate in French
|BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.|