We are looking for a F/T seasonal Lift Supervisor. Reporting to our Lift Operations Manager this position is responsible for supervising the day to day operations of our lifts department.
- To utilize safe and efficient methods in operating all lifts to ensure a high standard of service is provided to all guests and staff on Mt Seymour.
- Report and rectify any unsafe acts.
- To adhere to and to ensure that all operational and safety procedures are being followed and maintained by all Lift Operators when operating the lifts.
- To know and to follow the Occupational Health & Safety Regulations as they relate to the responsibilities and duties of a supervisor.
- To be an active participant in the maintenance and monitoring of the lifts and the conveyors.
- To maintain the tools used within the department.
- Train and evaluate the work performance of approximately thirty Lift Operators, in accordance to Mountain Operations and Mt Seymour’s policies and procedures.
- To complete and submit payroll information (timesheets, start up, etc.) as per the Payroll schedule.
- Maintain required records, reports and documentation necessary as part of the due diligence process.
- Other related duties as required.
- Ideally progressive experience within Lift Operations (i.e. Lift Operator experience augmented with some supervisor experience) or a similar experience in another industry.
- Demonstrated leadership skills through the progress coaching of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to establish strong working relationships with staff, coworkers, and guests thereby encouraging repeat business.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to provide timely and high quality service to guests and staff.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a high volume environment and able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment.
- Ability to be a supportive team member.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions while performing labour intensive duties.
- Knowledgeable of Mt Seymour & Mountain Operations policies and procedures.
- Ability to ski or snowboard.
Terms of Employment
- Seasonal position, November until mid-April
- Hourly wage, dependent on level of experience.