Snow School Manager
Mt Seymour is currently recruiting for a Snow School Manager to join our management team. This is a key position over seeing the entire operation of the Snow School.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who can further develop and grow our Snow School Department. The person we are seeking would have a strong interest in program development and training, have a professional approach and be a team player who is committed to working closely with all other Mt Seymour Departments. Must be able to recruit, train and motivate a high performing team of staff committed to achieving Mt Seymour’s vision. This position offers growth potential for the right candidate.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for overseeing the successful operations of the Snow School.
To successfully manage the Snow School, the manager must be able to provide leadership to his/her staff, be a collaborator able to work effectively with a wide range of individuals, be able to develop strong relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders and be an effective and accomplished communicator.
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s vision and mission.
- Oversee all Snow School programs, ensuring that lesson content is high in quality and standards.
- Maintain an “on-hill” presence with Snow School Instructors and Guests during critical periods such as high volume or inclement weather.
- Maintain excellent communication with Group Organizers; School Teachers, Parents and other group leaders.
- Design and implement new Snow School programs based on market demand and innovative ideas.
- Set and review prices for lesson programs.
- Provide promotional lesson program content for sales and collateral materials.
- Set growth targets for Snow School visits.
- Oversee the hiring, evaluating and scheduling of all Snow School staff.
- Coordinate and provide training for instructors.
- Manage volunteer program.
- Ensure processes are in place to successfully collect and review credentials i.e. CASI, CSIA or equivalent designations.
- Ensure processes are in place to collect and review other required paperwork during the onboarding process such as ensuring all staff possess valid work visas, all staff successfully pass a background check, staff complete a new hire package, enroll in the timetracker payroll system etc.
- Prepare and oversee the annual budget for the Snow School.
- Develop and execute the strategy for the Snow School.
- Work with both the Marketing and Guest Experience departments on the marketing/sales and registering of lesson participants.
- Work with the Human Resources Manager adhering to Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate statistics and performance reports for all programs.
- Oversee on site sales of lesson program.
- Prepare and implement a recruitment strategy including domestic and international applicants.
- Oversee appropriate social events/activities/ Recognition Programs for the department ensuring they comply with all Mt Seymour’s policies.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Certification through the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance.
- Certification through the Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors.
- Diploma in Recreation Leadership, Hospitality Management or Business Management, training on software applications (Word, Excel, Access).
- Progressive experience within the ski and snowboard industry, with a minimum of three years in a supervisory/management position.
- Previous budgeting experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and guests.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong training skills.
- Ability to recruit, retain and develop a strong seasonal team of staff.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to speak in public.
- Strong team work ethic.
- Interest in and potential for growth and progression within the organization.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
Terms of Employment:
Management salaried position
Provides benefits after completion of a waiting period.
RRSP after completion of a waiting period
4% vacation pay paid out each bi-weekly pay period
Seasonal September until approximately May
Complimentary family seasons pass
Complimentary shuttle bus pass
To apply please submit a resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org