Mt Seymour is currently recruiting for a Snowplay Supervisor to join our team, reporting to the Snowplay Manager, the Snowplay Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the operation of the Snowplay area including the Enquist Tube Park, the group meeting facility and the ticketing/retail outlet.
- To uphold Mount Seymour’s mandate of “providing fun and entertaining outdoor winter experiences for guests and staff”
- Prompt arrival at work in order to start work at the predetermined time.
- To utilize safe and efficient methods in operating the Snowplay area to ensure that a high standard of service is provided to guests and staff on Mount Seymour.
- Report and rectify any unsafe acts.
- To promote and support Occupational Health & Safety Program and Return to Work Programs.
- To adhere to and ensure that all operational and safety procedures are being followed and maintained by Snowplay employees when operating the Snowplay area.
- Communicate with the Sales Department in regards to expected group visits and prepare accordingly (i.e. staffing).
- With the assistance of the Rental & Retail Department, oversee the Snowplay retail outlet, including cashier duties and record keeping.
- Liaise with Mountain Services in regards to janitorial requirements in the P2 washrooms, the group meeting facility and ensure that there is an uncluttered and litter free environment in and around the Snowplay area.
- Coordinate Snowplay/Enquist grooming as required.
- Hire, train and evaluate the work performance of approximately fifteen Snowplay Attendants, in accordance to Mountain Operations and Mount Seymour’s policies and procedures.
- To complete and submit payroll information (timesheets, start up, etc.) as per the Payroll schedule.
- To ensure opening, daily operation and closing duties including log and cash out sheets are completed and signed off.
- To oversee the proper and effective set up, dismantling, and handling of Snowplay equipment.
- Other related duties as required.
- Ideally some previous experience within a ski resort.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of cash handling methods and procedures.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills through the progress coaching of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with staff, coworkers, and guests thereby encouraging repeat business.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to provide timely and high quality service to guests and staff.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a high volume environment.
- Ability to be a supportive team member.
- Good physical condition
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and perform labour intensive duties.
- Knowledgeable of Mount Seymour & Snowplay operations, policies and procedures.
Terms of Employment:
Seasonal position, December – April
Hourly wage, dependent on level of experience
Complimentary seasons pass and free shuttle pass.
To apply please submit a resume and covering letter to Human Resources at email@example.com indicating that you are applying for the Snowplay Supervisor position.