Level 2 – Maintenance Semi Skilled
The Level 2 – Maintenance Semi Skilled position, under direct supervision, will be responsible for performing semi-skilled maintenance and repair services of facility systems such as mechanical, electrical, and building systems which do not require extensive specialization in one particular trade. Duties may increase in scope as skills become more developed; the primary emphasis is the performance of a variety of maintenance tasks rather than a high degree of skill in any particular trade.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
· Maintain systems to track, report, document and assist with scheduled preventative maintenance.
· Record coolant refractometer readings, top up machine oils and record usage.
· Manage oil and coolant inventory.
· Maintain equipment in a safe and clean manner.
· Operate a forklift.
· Cover al MMC L1 responsibilities.
· Evaluate condition of parts and equipment.
· Assess feasibility of designs for small modifications to equipment and machinery.
· High School Diploma or equivalent general education.
· Enrolled in the Apprenticeship program.
· Minimum one year previous related experience.
· Fully capable of level “1” maintenance requirements.
· Interpret and review schematic drawings of mechanical, structural, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
· Able to use specialized measuring tools such as vernier calipers, micrometers, angle finders, feeler gauges and dial indicators.
· Use computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining, such as AutoCAD.
· Able to discuss work orders, equipment malfunctions and job task coordination with co-workers.
· Perform tasks independently under direct supervision.
· Able to work in a team environment when necessary to install and overhaul larger pieces of equipment and complete industrial systems.
· Maintain continuous learning by reading manuals and bulletins.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.