Level 3 – Maintenance Fully Skilled (CofQ)
The Level 3 – Maintenance Fully Skilled (CofQ) position, under general supervision, will be responsible for performing maintenance and repair services of facility systems such as mechanical, electrical, and building systems. In addition, duties may increase in scope as skill set becomes more developed; primary emphasis is the performance of a variety of maintenance tasks rather than a high degree of skill in any particular trade.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
· Establish and maintain maintenance standards and develop and recommend maintenance programs.
· Install new equipment using outside services if necessary.
· Maintain the equipment and facility through preventive/predictive maintenance program.
· Consults the work orders and personal log book for jobs to be done.
· Able to understand the amount of time that particular jobs require.
· Provide guidance in troubleshooting and repair using the most expedient and thorough methods.
· Inform appropriate personnel know of deficiency of stock parts.
· Keep equipment and facility in working condition for maximum uptime.
· Interpret and review schematic drawings of mechanical, structural, pneumatic and hydraulic systems to understand their operation and identify malfunctions.
· Use specialized measuring tools such as vernier calipers, micrometers, angle finders, feeler gauges and dial indicators.
· Evaluate condition of parts and equipment.
· Assess feasibility of designs for small modifications to equipment and machinery.
· High School Diploma or equivalent general education.
· Certificate of qualifications or certificate in a related field or equivalent working experience (millwright preferred).
· Basic welding skill for millwright.
· Minimum two years previous related experience.
· Taken specific courses and knowledgeable in different controllers (i.e. Fanuc, Siemens).
· Fully capable of level “1” and “2” maintenance requirements.
· Fully skilled in one or more trades (CET or industrial electrician).
· Use computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining, such as AutoCAD.
· Advanced knowledge in troubleshooting servo motors, drivers, encoders, etc.
· Able to read and understand all codes and regulations (Health and Safety, Electrical).
· Able to teach practices and procedures to co-workers, apprentices and clients.
· Able to discuss work orders, equipment malfunctions and job task coordination with co-workers.
· Perform tasks independently under general direction.
· Able to work in a team setting when necessary to install and overhaul larger pieces of equipment and complete industrial systems.
· Maintain continuous learning by reading manuals and bulletins.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.