Carry the legacy of Bell. Be a part of the company helping the world connect better. By choosing Bell Technical Solutions, you will be choosing a career and not just a job. By nurturing talent and providing infinite growth opportunities, Bell Technical Solutions continuously aims to bring about an instrumental change in careers, lives and dreams. Join us today to discover the personal touches behind the infinite web of communications services and let us make it right, make it personal and make it better.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
We are seeking dedicated employees to fulfill the role of a Field Service Technician to support our ongoing growth and development. The Field Service Technician will be installing and repairing Bell’s home phone, internet and Fibe TV.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBLITIES?
• To be the face of Bell and meet the expectations of our valued clients and customers
• Install, repair and maintain Bell’s most advanced Fiber and Copper Network
• Promote Bell services and products
• Able to work independently and offer assistance if required to fellow technicians
• Troubleshoot complex telecommunications issues using training, tools and equipment provided
• Adhere to Health & Safety Policies
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A TECHNICIAN?
• G2 driver’s license or higher
• Ability to distinguish colours
• Work in all weather conditions
• Ability to climb ladders at least 28 ft. high
• Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Flexible to work 48 hours per week including days, evenings and weekends
• Strong written and verbal communications
NICE TO HAVE
• Education in Electric/Electronics/Electro Mechanics
• Experience working in a trades position
• Strong customer service skills
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
• Competitive Compensation Package
• Paid Training & Tools
• Option to receive commission on sales
• Increased wage for every 1,040 hours work completed
• Guaranteed Hours
• Union Membership
• Immigration Support For Foreign Employees
• Internal Career Advancements within Bell Solutions Techniques and Bell affiliates
• Company provided Smartphone and Laptop
LOCATION: Smiths Falls ON
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday to Friday (8:00am – 9:00pm) Saturday and Sunday (8:00am – 7:00pm)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Smith Falls
Application Deadline: 02/12/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Please note that the only information related to the Performance Management Process (PMP) that should be included on your resume or cover letter is your current rating (Exceeds, Achieves, etc.). A more detailed copy of your PMP may be requested at a later date.
At Bell Technical Solutions, we do not just accept differences - we celebrate it. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where team members feel valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, contact your recruiter or send us an email at email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell, please email our Employment Equity team at Equite-Equity@bellsolutionstech.ca.
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa